Dr. Mommy Dentist

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

christmas is coming!



man, i am just so excited! it's kind of hard focusing at work when i'm thinking about my mom coming in 3 days, wondering if my tree is watered enough (yeah, canuck kept up his end of the bargain and we got a real one this year!), constantly changing my mind over what to serve for dinner, and all those presents burning a hole in my closet! i'm the hostess this year, and christmas in my new house is going to be the best one yet!


i start a new office downtown today and i'm very excited. i don't expect it to be too busy - new doctor + december/end of year + christmas = lots of free time for dr. mommy, but i have a few patients booked and the office had 82 new patients last month, so i'm hoping to get booked up quickly. i love working in the city - i love the environment, i love taking public transportation, i just love the feel of downtown toronto. needless to say, i'm pumped and ready to start working!


psycho office messed with me for the last time last week when they wanted me to come in for 2 hours in the evening. i probably would have gone in as a favor, but this was the fifth or sixth time in a row that this has happened. it literally kills my whole day - i can't make doctors appointments, book play dates, or do anything because i think i have to work that day and then i get a call, "hey, your start time is at 5:15." get the hell out of there! so i said, no, i'm not coming in, and don't bother booking me anymore. i'm not doing you guys any more favors. what really pissed me off is that i had this conversation with boss lady when i quit and she asked me if i could fill in a few days when she doesn't want to work (which is all the time). i said, sure, but a full day, it's a waste of my time to come in for only a few hours. oh, yeah, sure, that won't happen again. my life and my schedule have revolved around whether i not i have to be there and that has come to an end. it's sad, though. she doesn't realize what a great staff and patient base she has - these were some of the nicest and most professional people i have ever worked with and i'll miss them terribly. but when i was wavering about quitting, just thinking about spending another minute working with her turned my stomach. so i left. but someday, when i grow up and open my own office, there will be jobs waiting for all those wonderful people - and i know they would snap it up in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home