Dr. Mommy Dentist

Friday, May 04, 2007

damn you, obtura!!!

okay, i CANNOT master the use of this thing. all my fills have turned out like crap no matter what i try. i've had to retreat/refill at least four out of the five canals i have cleaned, shaped, and loved oh-so-tenderly since i started at the downtown office. so i've put in my official request for a thermafil machine. i will beg, borrow, steal, or prostitute myself for one so i don't have to go thru this next RCT i complete.

i'm at work and cranky because the impression that i sent for a denture i'm repairing got to the lab, but the teeth that fell off DID NOT get to the lab, having been mistakenly chucked into the garbage and they are MIA. and of course, i did not send a counter model, becuase all they had to do was plunk them back on and re-flask. FUCK.

5 Comments:

  • Hang in there Dr Mommy! We all have those days!

    (I remember when I had my nurse pour up secondary impressions for a chrome casting. My nurse broke the model, and didn't tell me. Instead, she disposed of the evidence, including the special tray and I didn't find out until the appointment when I was supposed to try the casting in.)

    By Blogger Kissaki, At Saturday, May 05, 2007  

  • well.. it's just one of those days i guess..

    i'd prefer the thermafil than obtura myself.. just chuck in the heated gp and all done compared to using the obtura gun.. not much lick with those like u.. hehe

    hang on there Doc Mom!

    p/s: nice blog too!


    Cheers ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Monday, May 07, 2007  

  • Did I read prostitute?

    I've got a Thermafil machine picking up dust. Tulsa tried to get me to help them with their marketing at one time and thought that they would "encourage" me by giving me a free machine. Nice of them, no doubt, unfortunately, I still obturate with obtura.

    Interested in an indefinite loan? I might actually have some obturators lying around too. If interested let me know and I'll hunt for it, hopefully I can find it.

    By Blogger Unknown, At Monday, May 07, 2007  

  • thanks for the message...i wrote a lenghty reply explaining why obt is better than TF and then it got wiped cuz it didn't like hte "fill in the letters " blank...

    anyway, i'll try more later...enjoyed your blog; not so much of hte "case study" on mine; just funny stories, but I like to read 'em! good luck; more later!

    By Blogger Dr Nate, At Saturday, May 12, 2007  

  • Don't go dental on us now.
    Interesting thing on bleeding gums ...
    http://www.goodforyou.com.sg/wordpress

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thursday, May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home