Dr. Mommy Dentist

Saturday, March 04, 2006

i love being a mommy

i took a look back at my previous posts, especially the ones since i first moved up to canada about 2 months ago. i saw myself mentioning work, house-hunting, and adjusting to life in a new country. things that seemed to be first and foremost on my mind at the time i wrote them. today's post i want to dedicate to my daughter, the one and only cookie puss.

today was my day off, and canuck took the car to work this morning so he wouldn't have to leave 2 hours in advance (subways are slllooooowwww in toronto on the weekends, 'specially early morning). so i was home with cookie, nonna and the disabled pooch who cookie loves to torture. i really have to try my best to keep them separated so that he can heal from his surgery.

we got up at the butt-crack of dawn when daddy woke up because the alarm woke me up too and no matter what time i wake up, be it super early or sleeping late, cookie is up with me. i got out of bed because i wanted to see him off and kiss him goodbye (i'm cheesy like that!) and tried to go back to sleep but cookie wanted to go downstairs and eat breakfast. so we ate cereal together and came back upstairs to our room and watched taped re-runs of "go, diego, go" on the portable dvd player. then we played with the game "perfection", the ORIGINAL one in the 1970's box and cookie really knows her shapes! then we with her dolls "my baby" and dora and i read to her from her first farm book. after that, we watched "stewie griffin, the untold story" on the portable dvd player together, and i went for a run on the treadmill while cookie cheered me on and ate chicken nuggets in her booster seat. she fell asleep in her chair while i was still running and nonna tried to pick her up and move her to the couch, but she woke up and cried out for me, so i cut my workout short and tried unsuccessfully to get her back down for a nap. so we decided it was time for a bubble bath! we got all fresh and clean with bubble-gum-scented sponge bob suds and i dressed her in a stretchy purple velvet dress. she finally went down for a nap right before daddy came home. ahhh....

i love having days like this, when it's just me and her. they've been few and far between, since our schedules have been so crazed lately. i know the money's important and great because we have goals and we want certain things, but having days like this reminds me of why i work part time and why i will continue to do so for as long as possible. sure, i take a hit financially, but canuck and i live pretty simple lives, don't go out a whole lot, take our lunches to work, and find entertainment that's cheap or free, which sometimes entails staying at home and playing video games or renting a movie. going out and having a party is expensive (and fun!) but days like the one i had with cookie today are priceless.

i love being a mommy!!!

1 Comments:

  • Sounds wonderful doc mommy! Hehe and its great stories like these which make me wonder if I'm ready :) Well maybe after my diploma.... thanks for sharing your day.

    By Blogger Rachel, At Sunday, March 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home