Dr. Mommy Dentist

Thursday, March 09, 2006

it's official!

so today i removed the last remaining vestige of my life in new york. after over a month of back and forth, forms, paperwork and beaurocracy, our car is officially registered in ontario. and to boot, i also changed the title and registration of the car (who i named ned flanders when i bought him in 2003 before i married canuck) to my married name and also to include canuck's name. we got ontario plates, but i have yet to put them on because it's just too bloody cold outside and i need to spare my fingers. that will happen in the next few days because the weather's supposed to warm up and i have to surrender the NYS plates to my old auto insurance company, who does not cover canadian automobiles (or wannabe ones like ned flanders). at drivers and licenses, the ontario version of the DMV, i asked the clerk if i could keep the old title for sentimental reasons, since it did have my maiden name on it. she laughed and said she understood, but she had to mail the original to the ministry of finance. she was nice enough to offer to photocopy it for me, but i declined. i'm a big dork, but not that much of one.

so, after all that commotion, the car is now officially a canadian resident. phew! i joked around with canuck after we made up from a stupid argument about house hunting that now we really couldn't ever get divorced, since the last remaining article of my single life has now been removed and it was such a pain-in-the-ass to get there that i don't even want to bother trying to change it again!

enjoyed my two days of r&r, back to work tomorrow and saturday! hopefully all will go smoothly...

1 Comments:

  • In Australia we've different plates & driver licenses for different states & territories. I've been illegaly driving my southern state registered car with my southern license for 2 years now. I just couldn't bear to change it. Everytime the cop stopped me I told them I was just travelling hehe. :p

    By Blogger Dentist Down Under, At Monday, March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home