Dr. Mommy Dentist

Saturday, April 22, 2006

amazing discovery!

okay, i've never been what some would consider a "high maintenance" kind of girl. but i do like to sport a look that's a step above just getting up in the morning, even if i'm hanging around the house in sweats and a tee-shirt. i don't wear a ton of makeup at all, but i like to keep my toenails polished and i carry lip gloss everywhere i go and use it very liberally (shiny lips make me feel pretty). my latest feat has been to try and grow out my hair. those of you who know me very well know that i've gone through several phases of pixie short to (relative) rapunzel lengths. i chopped all of it off in college, grew it out to below my shoulders all through dental school, and promptly chopped it all off again when i got pregnant because my hair grew like a weed and i just didn't want to deal (horrendous pics during that phase, lemme tell you!). canuck loves me no matter what, but he fancies me in long hair and refers to the pixie years as "when you were hacking at your hair like a redwood tree." so he's happy that i'm going the longer route again. anyways, i've been going stir crazy with this in-between length, and because i had bangs AND layers, it's even worse. the bangs are too long to wear, too short to stay put swiped to the side, and the back has about 5 different lenghts. plus it's very fine and likes to go together in one piece. very attractive. but i'm committed to this and have not cut my hair since november, and do not plan to do so until june. it's been a real bugger holding out for so long, but i swore restraint. anyways, my sister-in-law has a ceramic straightening iron that she uses (she has fine hair like myself, but it's nice and long and looks good on her) when she goes out and wants to look extra nice. she has a date tonite and left it out to cool, so i figured, what the hell, and tried it on myself. i was really surprised, it came out pretty cool! i never thought i would use one of those things ever in my life, simply amazing! i'm really pumped, anything i can do to get me through the next month-and-a-half will be a godsend. now i really feel like a high-maintenance chick!

cookie, nonna and i went to the doctor today. she still has a lingering cough from mc donald's petri dish so we went to get it checked out. no fever, lungs, ears, and throat look good, it's just a stubborn little bug with lingering congestion. no worse fo wear, she's running around like crazy, tearing things up, torturing maui, and getting into things she shouldn't be. her latest thing is to help me clean the bathroom by splashing around the toilet brushes in the toilet (ick). and yesterday i was wearing a purple fitted top and she says to me, " look, mommy, purple," and i said, "yes, honey, you like my purple shirt?" and she says, "no, mommy purple boobs!" she's a real rip, this one! now we're trying to get her to take naps on her own at a set time. i don't understand. when nonna puts her to bed and i'm not around, she's a good girl and just rolls over to sleep in her room, no problems. with me, it's a song and dance, she wants me to take a nap with her, and she refuses to let me leave. "mommy, go to sleep!" today i had to play bad cop when daddy came home just as she was winding down. now this kid is getting good at playing us against each other, and she's got daddy wrapped around her little finger. so fo course after 45 minutes of me trying to get her down in her room and her crying and resisting, he climbs into bed with her and she's out in a minute! i wanted to kill canuck for sabotaging my efforts, but i couldn't blame him. i had to do everything in my power not to do the same, except i was home all day with her and my patience was wearing thin. i think i'm more of the enforcer when it comes to stuff like that. but that's what being a mommy is all about, right???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home