Dr. Mommy Dentist

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

what kind of fae are you???


What type of Fae are you?

so, i'm a nymph, but i'm definitely not a psychiatrist. which is what i essentially was yesterday at the office. i wouldn't mind, except i don't get paid to be a psychiatrist, i get paid to be a dentist. one lunatic after another walked through my door yesterday. my only sane patient cancelled, and i saw a very nice gentleman with a horrendous infection, but he was not my patient and i could only treat him on an emergency basis. what i did get was a schizophrenic who i have treated 3 times in the past have a psychotic episode and tell me that i was not her dentist, she wanted to go home right now, and that she was doomed to go to hell. so i spent the 2 hours that i had booked to complete her restorative treatment talking to her about god and the devil. then enter the guy who wants me to rip out all of his "mercury fillings" because they are causing "physical and psychological" problems (no kidding!). and that guy who drilled his own tooth who was in my schedule? officially banned from my practice, no more ms. nice doctor mommy. i won't even get into it, but let's just say i let him have it and this time he won't be coming back.

so, it's been slow in my office lately. i'm going to look for another gig sometime this week and consolidate my days at this place, as i don't think they have enough sane patients to book me for a solid three days. we need the extra money once we take on that mortgage. and i'm ready to do a lot of dentistry. and i don't want to be a psychiatrist anymore because i'm simply not good at it and the pay is sucky.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home