Dr. Mommy Dentist

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

a busy few couple of days, past and present

i'm off again today, nice! i have a ton of things to do before my parents come to visit this weekend! i'm very excited because this is the first time my mom will be seeing our house. and what's really cool, we even have real bedroom furniture (which i personally refinished) and a room for them to stay in, the days of the air mattress and futon are so over!

my endo course is on friday and i'm really excited. i have a nice bunch of extracted teeth all accessed and ready to go. i made sure to tell the oral surgeons to give me the wackiest molars they could find, lots of curved and twisted roots since i need the practice. canuck's taking the class with me, what a romantic way to spend an autumn friday afternoon together. and because i really, really love him, i'm even sharing my most prized extracted teeth with him. nothing says love and devotion like the gift of extracted teeth, especially when they're in a a container of javex. i think it will be a good day. i really do enjoy doing root canals (the "sadistic" part of me, as my mom says) and want to get very proficient. i actually was planning on specializing, i still do think about it often, but life, kids, and a house changed things a bit. that's okay, someday when my debt's paid off and i have cash to burn i might go back to school. until then, i'll just focus my attention on getting cookie to poop in the toilet and not in her pants.

3 Comments:

  • You are too funny! Who else could make teeth so interesting???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wednesday, September 13, 2006  

  • I always found it useful to deliberately break different sized rotary files in extracted teeth so that you can get an idea of the kind of force needed to do this. That gives you some degree of tactile experience for when you're in a patient's mouth.

    It's actually one of the first things I do when I try a new file system--break the files in teeth.

    By Blogger Unknown, At Wednesday, September 13, 2006  

  • Awwww how romantic. I'm jealous of you and canuck being able to share teeth and dental stories. My hubby wouldn't even want my teeth if I wanted to share it with him.

    I would love to learn more about rotary endo. I like doing RCTs but I still do them the old fashioned way with k-files. (yes I am expecting RSI) Hopefully I'll get the chance sometime. Haven't had the time or cash since I am doing the IV sedation diploma.

    By Blogger Rachel, At Thursday, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home