Dr. Mommy Dentist

Sunday, August 12, 2007

heading back home

so my flight leaves JFK tomorrow morning bright and early. i had originally booked a late afternoon flight but changed my ticket after my ride to the airport situation changed. i'm glad to be heading out earlier rather than not, as i do have the drive back from buffalo to conquer after we land. so i have some time to unpack and decompress after i get home, as i've got a busy week ahead of me. vacations are never relaxing.

it was a fantastic trip and felt wonderful to be back. a lot of conflicting emotions run through my mind when i'm here. i waver between i never should have left to i'm so glad i don't live here anymore about five times a day. i'm not sure i could ever go back to living here after living in toronto, but i would be lying if i said i didn't pine for the good old days and wonder how different my life, my family's life, would be if we'd stayed.

i will blog more about all that when i return. here is one of my favorite songs of all time. it's from the dudley moore film arthur and it's so 80's and is so NYC and i just love it.

6 Comments:

  • Hey there!
    It was GREAT seeing you again after so long! Hopefully, you'll be able to get back to nyc again sometime soon and we can hang out again.
    Ciao!
    ~S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sunday, August 12, 2007  

  • a common feeling among expats, I would say :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tuesday, August 14, 2007  

  • Wow - i totally agreed w/ the NYC mixed emotions; last week i was back in Ohio from whence I graduated dental school (go bucks!) and I was like, Oooh, I could sell my 1400 sq ft Cape in Maine and buy a 4 BR Victorian in the trendiest district of downtown Columbus! Alas...no ocean , no mountains! I'll stick w/ where I am....

    Christopher Cross....oooh. it's like, Jack Black, only not a parody....
    :)

    I agree w/ your comment on Gladys Knight that you mentioned on my blog. So much so that I blogged about it. In May. Ah well; great minds... So if you like, check it out here!

    toodles!

    By Blogger Dr Nate, At Sunday, August 19, 2007  

  • Also, i think it was a molar..... (we call it #14 here in the states, eh?) :)

    By Blogger Dr Nate, At Sunday, August 19, 2007  

  • how 'bout that! i think i may have even read that post, but completely forgotten about it. maybe it was stored somewhere in my subconcious and that's why i thought of it. but it's funny that we both thought of the same thing! i looked at the HGTV post again, and wow, that guy really does look creepy!

    hmm, a victorian in columbus versus a cape in maine, interesting dilemma. i'm partial to victorian homes, i must say. but my friend went to law school at OSU and she said midwestern land-locked summers are quite brutal (she also coincidently happens to be from maine!) plus it's columbus, ohio. what do real estate agents always say, location, location, location. that's why my friend pays $3000/month rent for a tiny one bedroom apartment in manhattan. i'd take the cape in a heartbeat.

    By Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S., At Wednesday, August 22, 2007  

  • yeah, looking back at the pic again it does look like a molar. what a wide smile line, just like mine. that's why when i had #16 (alias #3) crowned, i opted for the porcelain, rather than the gold that i have on the other 3 molars i have crowned.

    By Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S., At Wednesday, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home