Dr. Mommy Dentist

Monday, January 02, 2006

4 foot high pile o' newspaper

i'm definitely sleep deprived, since darling cookie couldn't make up her mind where she wanted to hang out at midnight - with daddy in bed, or with mommy, trying to get a moment's peace and quiet on the couch while watching 1984 reruns of the cosby show. she then woke us up at 7:00 a.m. asking for dora (the usual). i had to jet to the dentist to get my last two crowns cemented. i now have full gold crowns on teeth numbers 30 and 31. i love working with all gold, i'll take those crowns with me to the grave!!!! but, damn, it takes me forever to get numb, especially when they need to do a lower block. that's the inferior alveloar nerve to the left, you have to inject the anesthesia in the back of the mouth to numb the lower teeth because the nerve hides in the lower jaw, thus "blocking" that whole area. that's why everone complains about their lip feeling fat when they go to the dentist. ugh, i feel EVERYTHING, even when i am numb. and i also almost swallowed one of my crowns. not good! more motivation for me to really take care of my teeth, since i just hate going through all that. now i feel really bad for what i put my patients through. it truly sucks! the universal tooth numbering system - check it out! my new crowns are on the lower right molars.

packed up the fine china today, which was hard for me because i love having it all displayed on my hutch. i think we'll tackle the regular dishes in a few days. i got a little sad again today for, like, the DUMBEST reason. i took the dishes out of the dishwasher and saw there was a little bit of dried ham glaze on the plate. i quickly cleaned it off, but got depressed because the ham was, you know, a symbol of the holidays and all the good times and now they are over and i just removed the last vestige of it. so i got all misty-eyed and the canuck reminded me that canada has spiral-cut hams, too, and that there will be plenty more glaze to take off once we get our own place. wow, writing this all out, i realize how dumb that must sound!
tomorrow's another day...

2 Comments:

  • I know how you feel! I had a crying fit while repainting my apartmentment before I had to move out of in in DC. It was like, "I'm painting my life away..." Don't worry, it gets better!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tuesday, January 03, 2006  

  • i remember when you told me that! and i told you the exact same thing! i just can't wait to get into a routine again! rachel, you need to publish on your blog more, i love reading it!

    By Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S., At Tuesday, January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home